This is the most delicious gluten free bread I have ever made. No lie. It’s moist, flavorful and most importantly, not grainy like most gluten free bread.
I have something important to talk to you about today. I need help. How do you get a dog to not smell like a dog? Our new puppy Cooper is the cutest but…well…he stinks. We have given him two baths in the three weeks he’s been with us. What a show that was. My kids helped me but we had to use all our power to keep him in the tub long enough to get a quick wash.
Unfortunately, when he was dry, he still smelled like a dog. Do I have to take him to a groomer to get that yummy doggy smell? Is there no such thing as a yummy doggy smell? Did I mention I am not yet a dog person?
One good way to deal with that dog smell in the kitchen is to bake bread. This is the best gluten-free bread I have ever made. It doesn’t have that grainy rice flour texture that sometimes plagues gluten free baked goods. Your friends will never know this is gluten free, I promise.
It is full of lots of pumpkin flavor and plenty of brown sugar. I chose to use all brown sugar to give it a bit more rich molasses flavor and it works well with the pumpkin and the spices.
I prefer to use mini chocolate chips because they sink less and give each bite a bit of chocolate instead of a big clump. We love Enjoy Life chocolate chips. They cost a bit more but are the best allergy friendly chocolate chips available.
This is not a recipe that offers a lot of flexibility. I would not suggest any flour substitutions. Gluten free baking is tricky. Always make sure all your ingredients are labeled gluten-free.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup gluten free chocolate chips or more if you prefer Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- Grease two 9" x 5" loaf pans.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
- In another bowl mix all wet ingredients together.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add wet ones. Mix gently until well combined.
- Toss chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of gluten free flour and stir into mix.
- Pour mixture into loaf pans and cook for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Turn pans once during cooking.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto the rack.
For the best gluten-free doughnuts try these Krispy Kreme Copcycats.