These Easiest Five Ingredient Chicken Drumsticks are the bomb! Gluten free, healthy, easy to prepare and made with pantry staples. I hope you have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Okay, so this is almost not a recipe it's so easy. All you need is five pantry staples and fresh chicken drumsticks. You can think ahead and marinate in the morning or you can marinate it for thirty minutes prior. Either way it's a family fave. I am so happy when all my kids eat my healthy dinner. I love to keep this in the fridge for weekend lunches.
Your best bet is to marinate this when you start your day. Put all marinade ingredients in a big ziplock with the drumsticks. I bought organic chicken and try to whenever I can. I know it's expensive but it's worth it when you can afford it. My son Jack will eat these for snack, lunch or breakfast.
The magic is sprinkling the brown sugar on before cooking. It makes a sweet topping that appeals to kids. When you do the last few minutes under a low broil they turn a nice shade of brown and make the skin taste so yummy.
Full disclosure: I had to remove the parsley before my kids would eat it. Isn't that crazy? It looks so much better with the parsley.
Need More Chicken Recipes in Your Life?
- White Chicken Chili with Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Balsamic Chicken
- Coconut Chicken Curry
- Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Skinny Thai Chicken Salad
Five Ingredient Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 8 drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and whisk. Put marinade in a ziplock with chicken drumsticks and marinate for at least thirty minutes or overnight.
- Remove from marinade and discard. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 30 minutes or until done. Flip and cook on low broil for ten minutes. Watch carefully.