Sticky Maple Salmon is sweet, flavorful and easy to prepare. It is roasted in the oven on a sheet pan and requires very little clean up. This will become a go-to weeknight favorite for your entire family.
I need to apologize to you readers. I have been making way too many baked goods lately. I can tell because my pants are too tight. In preparation for the holidays, I've been practicing some desserts like this Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake and these Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnuts. Nothing against you delicious goodies, but I can't have you in my house! Not to mention the glut of Halloween candy that will invade our home on Saturday night. Hubby and I always end up eating the rejects and there are a lot since my son is allergic to peanut butter. Give me strength!
It needs to stop right now which is why I've made this Sticky Maple Salmon. This dish is sweet, flavorful and ready in a flash. The marinade is prepared with pantry staples so this can easily fit into your weekly meal rotation. Woo hoo!
I have a less than stellar record with salmon dishes. For many years, I tried to use frozen salmon because it's more economical, but it just doesn't work for me. It never tastes as good as fresh, even though I understand that most salmon has been previously frozen. I think my problem is the way I thaw it. If you prefer to use frozen salmon here are three ways you can thaw it...
- in fridge
- in sink with ice cold water that needs to be changed every 30 minutes
- defrosted in the microwave
This delicious dish is topped with a combo of maple syrup, olive oil, fresh orange juice and grainy mustard. Any dijon mustard will do, but I love the look of the grainy mustard. See those little grainy pieces? So fancy.
I made a double batch of this and ate it during the week on mache greens for lunch. The salmon is so flavorful it only needs a bit of dressing or a squeeze of fresh orange juice. Enjoy!
Sticky Maple Salmon
- 4 pieces of salmon
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 lb small potatoes cut in half
- 1 small head of broccoli stem removed and cut into small florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk together the orange juice, zest, maple syrup, olive oil and grainy mustard.
- Place fillets skin side down on a baking sheet. Add veggies around the side.
- Pour sauce over the salmon and veggies. Give it a stir.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 20 min. checking often. The cook time will depend on the thickness of your salmon.
- About 15 min. in I added a sliced orange around the sides of the salmon for extra flavor.
- If you want a browner top, place salmon under low broil for about 2-3 minutes.
Looking for more healthy and easy dinner ideas? Aren't we all? Try these...