This quick Cheesy Quinoa with Meatballs uses prepared meatballs for an easy shortcut. The kids will love all the cheese and you'll love that it's packed with proteins and that it's gluten free.
Leftovers can be fun. Usually, if I don't have anything planned for dinner by 5:00, I am stressing out. Stay out of the kitchen kids - trust me, not good.
On this leftover day, I got lucky and this Cheesy Quinoa With Meatballs was a huge hit.
It's the perfect combo of salty and cheesy with that bottom layer of quinoa which goes with everything.
I added tomatoes and basil for end of summer freshness.
I always have meatballs in the fridge or freezer. Let's hear it for shortcuts! Meatballs are a labor of love and sometimes I don't have that much love to give.
We use Aidell's meatballs but you could use any variety you prefer or be super mom and make your own.
Do your kids love meatballs like mine?
Seriously, my daughter loves to eat them plain with a little side of tomato sauce for dipping. Who wouldn't love that?
Other Ways to Use Meatballs For Dinner...
- Sausage and Vegetable Skewers
- 29 Exciting Ways to Eat Meatballs
- 10 Favorite Meatball Recipes
Hope this becomes an easy weeknight favorite!
If that recipe gives your family a taste for quinoa, follow up with one of these family-friendly recipes:
- Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Broccoli
- Shrimp, Kale and Quinoa Bake
- Peanut Butter and Preserves Breakfast Quinoa
- Mediterranean Quinoa Chickpea Bowl
- Vegan Lentil Meatballs
Cheesy Quinoa with Meatballs
- 12 oz Aidell's Meatballs
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- Reheat meatballs in a skillet. When thoroughly heated, add cooked quinoa and continue to saute to warm through. Add tomatoes and cheese, toss gently and remove from heat. Add fresh basil and serve.
Tell Us What You Think