Leftovers can be fun. Usually if I don’t have anything planned for dinner by 5:00 I am stressing out. Stay out of the kitchen kids – trust me, not good. On this leftover day, I got lucky and this Cheesy Quinoa With Meatballs was a huge hit. It’s the perfect combo of salty and cheesy with that bottom layer of quinoa which goes with everything. I added tomatoes and basil for end of summer freshness.
I always have meatballs in the fridge or freezer. Let’s hear it for shortcuts! Meatballs are a labor of love and sometimes I don’t have that much love to give. We use Aidell’s meatballs but you could use any variety you prefer or be super mom and make your own.
Do your kids love meatballs like mine? Seriously, my daughter loves to eat them plain with a little side of tomato sauce for dipping. Who wouldn’t love that?
Here are some other ideas for quick dinners with meatballs…
- Sausage and Vegetable Skewers
- 10 Easy Meatball Recipes
- 29 Exciting Ways to Eat Meatballs
- Meatball Recipes for Every Mood
- 10 Favorite Meatball Recipes
Hope this becomes an easy weeknight favorite!
Cheesy Quinoa With Meatballs
- Aidell's Meatballs any brand will do
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil torn into pieces
- Reheat meatballs in a skillet.
- When thoroughly heated, add cooked quinoa and continue to saute to warm through.
- When heated, add tomatoes and cheese, toss gently and remove from heat.
- Add fresh basil and serve.