Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles are the tastiest summer treat on a stick. Hard to believe these homemade treats have no dairy and are made with coconut cream, bananas, and peanut butter. You can feel good about feeding these treats to your kids! (dairy free, gluten free, vegan)
I am obsessed with summer on a stick! I mean don't you crave ice cream every day of the summer? It's a major problem for me.
So I started with this Coconut Espresso Chocolate Chip Ice Cream which is so tasty. Then I moved on to these Strawberry Popsicles with Chocolate Drizzle. That magic shell, oh my! Now I'm on to these healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles. It's the perfect flavor combo, and it's dairy free, vegan, and gluten free. Woo hoo!
I love having one of these after dinner, and I don't feel bad bc I'm NOT eating an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's. I have NEVER done that before. 😜
They are easy to blend together and only require a few ingredients. I first used coconut creme in my Espresso Ice Cream, and it makes everything so rich and creamy. It can be found in the same section as canned coconut milk. I added one fresh banana and one frozen to get a more ice cream-like texture.
Ingredients for Banana Popsicles
- frozen banana
- ripe banana
- coconut cream (not coconut milk)
- creamy natural peanut butter
- pure vanilla extract
- pure maple syrup (or honey)
- chopped or crushed peanuts
- vegan chocolate chips
- coconut oil
Instructions to Make Banana Popsicles
- Add all popsicle ingredients to a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix, and mix well. You might have to use the tamper to help blend it.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least five hours, or overnight is best.
- Run the bottom and sides of the mold under warm water and remove the popsicles carefully. Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet pan and lay the popsicles on it. Stick them back in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Melt the vegan chocolate chips and the coconut oil in the microwave in a small bowl. Drizzle over popsicles and top with crushed peanuts. Place back it in the freezer.
There is no better flavor combo than peanut butter and chocolate, except maybe peanut butter, chocolate, and banana! Trust me, guys, you are going to want to make these, like right now. I love it for an afternoon or late-night snack! The kiddos love them too. You can easily substitute almond or cashew butter for peanut butter.
Once you learn how to make this magic shell, you'll be pouring it on everything or maybe eating it with a spoon. Love, love, Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips. They are THE only chocolate chips we eat!
Store any extra popsicles you have by laying them out on the sheet pan and refreezing them; you can wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and then place them into a freezer bag. This should work well and keep them from sticking together. They should last a few months in the freezer.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicle
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ can coconut cream (well stirred)
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or honey)
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add frozen banana through maple syrup to a high powered blender and mix well.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze at least 5 hours.
- Run mold under warm water and remove popsicles. Stick them back in freezer.
- Prepare chocolate drizzle. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave. Stir well.
- Drizzle on popsicles and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Serve immediately or put back in the freezer.
What a fabulous popsicle. All the good fats and peanut butter and chocolate. What could you complain about! P.S. I love popsicles sweetened with maple syrup.
Loving all those good fats! Thanks Ginny.
Lindsey, Lito Supply Co.
These look and sound amazing! What a perfect summer treat!
Love this simple yet delicious chocolate peanut butter banana Popsicle. My kids love Popsicle. These three ingredients are magical when combined together.
Yes, I love using coconut cream!
Patty @ Spoonabilities
HEAVEN. That's the word that came to mind when I saw this. HEAVEN!
My son, the chef in the family can't wait to make this recipe!
Let me know how he likes them!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen
I'm obsessed with summer on a stick too Karen! These are totally droolworthy! I love the extra dip in chocolate for added indulgence! Can't wait to make a few of these! Have a great weekend!
Thanks Mary Ann!
This looks good but it seems you may have forgotten some of the ingredients in the directions. Can you please clarify?
Not sure what you mean the ingredients are all listed.