Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is loaded with tender beef and a sauce that is full of flavor. Made gluten free and super easy in the Instant Pot.
The more I use my Instant Pot the more I love it. I always feel like I should give a bit of a disclaimer though. Does it saute meat as well as my beloved Le Creuset dutch oven? No way, but on a weeknight when I am late to drive to the next practice, it whips up soups, stews and stir-fries in a flash!
AND Asian recipes like this Beef and Broccoli are so perfect for busy weeknights. They are simple to make with meat, chopped vegetables, rice and a savory sauce that can be made with pantry staples. They are usually family-friendly depending on how picky your kids are about "everything mixed together." If they prefer their meat completely separate try this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak.
You can even use shortcuts to make the perfect stir fry! You can buy your meat already sliced, although you will pay more... and you can buy frozen packs of stir fry veggies, no chopping required. Once you get the routine down, you can make a quick stir fry any night of the week with any ingredients you have in the kitchen.
- beef broth
- maple syrup
- sesame oil
Remember how I said the Instant Pot doesn't saute great? Well, it's true but you can help it along by turning the saute function to high. It always gets me more browning and that equals more flavor. ⬆️
Is Beef and Broccoli Healthy? (yes when you make it at home!)
- Broccoli ➡️ This lovely green vegetable is loaded with Vitamin A, C, K and folate. Learn how to blanch broccoli
- Olive Oil ➡️ has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Garlic ➡️ Sulfides in here help to reduce cholesterol
- Rice ➡️ white rice doesn't have a lot of nutritional value so I would serve it with brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice
- to learn more about all the health benefits check out Harvard Health
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Stir Fry - this recipe is special because it uses frozen vegetables... yes you can!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup - so comforting on a cold night and can be made ahead and frozen
- Instant Pot Sesame Chicken - check out my video on this one!
- Instant Pot Short Ribs - savory, tender meat that falls off the bone
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup - lentils are so hearty and satisfying, you won't miss the meat
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli (gluten free)
- instant pot or pressure cooker
- 1 lb sliced top sirloin
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¾ cup gluten free beef broth
- ½ cup tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Turn Instant Pot to saute HIGH. Add olive oil to pot.
- Salt and pepper beef strips and add to instant pot ½ at a time. Do not crowd or they won't brown. Cook for a few minutes until you get some good browning. Remove from pot and cook next batch.
- Once beef is done add garlic to pot and cook for one minute. Add beef broth, tamari, maple syrup and sesame oil. Give it a quick stir and add beef and juices.
- Set pot to high pressure and sealed and use the manual button to cook it for 10 minutes.
- While the beef cooks microwave the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with ½ cup water for about 5 minutes. Poke with a fork to check tenderness.
- Whisk cornstarch and water in a small bowl until combined.
- When timer goes off indicating the 10 minutes is up just let the pot sit there for 10 minutes and then do a manual release. Use a dishtowel to to turn the knob to venting.
- Turn the pot to saute and add the cornstarch mixture. Stir well to coat the meat. Add the steamed broccoli in and stir again. Cook for a minute or two until saue thickens and bit and the broccoli warms up.
- Serve with white rice or for a healthier option brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Adapted from Allrecipes.
Tell Us What You Think